Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tooth Fairy Pouch

My daughter lost her first baby tooth tonight.  I didn't want her to lose it when she put it under her pillow and she wasn't too keen on the idea of the Tooth Fairy coming into her room while she was sleeping.  The solution?  We made a Tooth Fairy pouch.  It was simple and she was able to help make it.  We found some scrap purple felt in my craft closet and I cut a rectangle that was 6"X3".  I folded the rectangle in half to make a 3"X3" square.  She threaded silver rope through each side of the purple square, leaving some slack in the rope at the top of the pouch for a handle.  I found the silver rope in an ornament kit I had leftover from Christmas.  I cut out a tooth shape from some white scrap felt and hot glued it to the front of the purple pouch.  With a silver Sharpie I wrote "Tor's Tooth" on the white tooth.  I put her tooth in the pouch and hung it on her door knob for the Tooth Fairy!  Such a simple project and the best part is, it was FREE!  If you don't have these scraps laying around the house like I did, it would only be a few dollars at the craft store.  Felt squares are cheap and you can use yarn or ribbon which is also cheap.  The whole project should cost less than $2.00.  Happy crafting! 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute bag! Plus I'm sure it makes it easier for the "Tooth Fairy" to get to the tooth. The "Tooth Fairy" at our house was always afraid she would wake the child up by sticking her hand under the pillow. Did she tell you why she was afraid of fairies? Usually little girls love fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouch made it a lot easier for the Tooth Fairy! I don't think she is afraid of fairies she just didn't want fairies in her room while she was sleeping.

    ReplyDelete