Thursday, June 30, 2011

From Puffs to Bowling!

I was in the toy store the other day looking for outdoor entertainment for the kids.  I came across a bowling set with 10 small plastic pins and 1 small plastic bowling ball.  The set looked like it wouldn't stand up to the beating my kids were bound to give it.  On top of its less than stellar design, it was $22.99!!!  Seriously?!? 

So I got out my thinking cap.  I had been storing the empty bottles from Gerber Puffs that my son loves to eat.  I found a whole box full of them in my garage and came up with a plan.  My daughter and I got out some Sharpies and went to town decorating ten emptly bottles.  After they were decorated, we set them up in the proper bowling pyramid and went to town knocking them down with a bouncy ball.  The kids loved it!!  The best part- it was FREE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment